CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD EXERCISE
This is one of the first exercises I ever learned to help develop my alternate picking speed and dexterity. Its a simple exercise but there are a few key points to get the maximum impact out of it.
- USE ALTERNATE PICKING - In other words, you start with a downstroke, next is an upstroke etc etc ..DOWN, UP, DOWN, UP....
- DO IT SLOW! - Basically do it as fast as you can COMPLETELY clean (no glitches). This is almost always slow. Then build up your speed daily from there
- DO IT WITH A METRONOME - This is key with everything you practice. It helps to see your progress each day.
- DO IT UP TO THE 12 FRET - Do the exercise all the way up neck to 12th fret and back down. Should take 5 mins
- DO IT DAILY - Its a great warmup to do daily
Hope this helps...leave comments below and let me know how its working for you. Ill upload more in the coming weeks.
For guitar videos you can subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel Click here